American Foods - Regional
Databases are available on the Databases, Search Engines and Video Sources page.
- allrecipes: US Recipes - Find recipes from across the United States! Allrecipes has recipes for every region and state, including mouthwatering Southern favorites, classic fare from New England, and spicy Southwest dishes.
- allrecipes: US Recipes by State - Looking for American recipes? Allrecipes has more than 2,940 trusted American recipes from all 50 states complete with ratings, reviews and cooking tips.
- Whats4eats: United States - The cooking and cuisine of the United States defies easy categorization. While well known for the mass production and global uniformity of fast food outlets, America is actually home to wide-ranging regional cuisine and the influence of immigrant groups past and present. From New England clam chowder to Texas barbecue to cioppino in the City by the Bay, the cuisine of the United States has thrills around every corner.
- Food Timeline - This resource provides state-specific cookbooks, official state foods, popular commodities, a quick list of traditional state foods and historic notes and recipes (Lynne Olver, reference librarian at Morris County Library)
- United States Recipes - Search by recipe, cookbooks, or menus.
- USA Tourist - Cooking tastes and styles in the United States is influenced by cultures all around the world. Because we are such a "melting pot" of people, our everyday food is often a mixture of many different styles. These different cooking styles are discussed on this web site, including Southwestern and Tex-Mex cooking. Our Mexican neighbors largely influenced these cooking tastes that we often eat in our culture. Learn more about Mexican American cooking along with other styles on this site. (Mike Leco, personal experiences of his travels)
- Fabulous Foods - Provides recipes, features, cooking school and fabulous finds (Cheri Sicard and Mitch Mandell, personal experience of their travels)